Financial Aid Guidelines
In order to qualify for financial aid, the animal must be in need of immediate veterinary care for life threatening injury or illness.
The pet's guardian must meet the following requirements:
1. The guardian must be a New York state resident.
2. Has applied for Care Credit or Wells Fargo Health Advantage prior to applying to Healing Haven if the veterinarian accepts either.
3. Has access to the internet.
4. Receives one or more of the following or current financial situation demonstrates need:
- Medicare or state Medicaid
- Unemployment or had been receiving unemployment that is now expired
- Social security as your only income
- Income from a public assistance program
Is mentally challenged, physically challenged, disabled, or is a senior citizen.
Is a 501(C)(3) rescue group
- A copy of the veterinarian’s estimate for the necessary veterinary care.
- 2 most recent complete bank statements from checking account and savings account. If you receive SSI, then proof of that can be submitted in place of bank statements.
- Proof of approval or denial for Care Credit or Wells Fargo Health Advantage (can be a screen shot).
- Two pay stubs or other proof of income. Direct deposits shown in a bank statement is acceptable proof.
Funds are never allocated directly to the pet’s guardian. They are always sent directly to the treating veterinarian.
Each case is handled on an individual basis.